6.27.2011

NEWS!

I finally have something EXCITING to blog about! I got ENGAGED on June 11, 2011! To the most perfect, handsome, Ross Summers! If you would have asked me 7 months ago if I ever thought i would marry Ross, i would have laughed in your face! Our story starts about 6 years ago when we had middle school crushes on each other! On Ross' 16th birthday he had a party, [i was only 15 at the time] we held hand for the first time [with each other and anyone for that matter!] We watched a movie in one of their old barns down the street from his house. BUT since he was 16 and too impatient to wait until i turned 16, he got a girlfriend. Meaning he didn't take me on my first date when i finally turned 16. [Although, on my 15 birthday he did bring me flowers! (first flowers i ever got from a boy)] So i too had a steady relationship through high school. Well, right before he left on his mission, he called and asked me out on a date! I thought it was a dream come true and everything was going to just be so magical! How wrong i was. I came home from that date and told my mom there was nothing between us. I had told Ross however that he was going to the same mission as my cousin and that if he ran into an Elder Nelson to tell him hello. Fast forward a couple months...I get an email from my uncle telling me that Elder Nelson is training an Elder Summers that says he knows me! haha small world! Fast forward a few more months.....Elder Nelson comes home and i go to his homecoming. He immediatly finds me and tells me i have to marry Elder Summers! I start laughing and tell him he has a girl waiting for him and it'll never work out! To which Tyler [Elder Nelson] replied in the most serious face "We've talked and he knows what he's done wrong." haha well at the time i was liking a boy that was on a mission and had no intent of ever dating Ross. I ended up writing Ross 2 whole times on his mission. I thought that he had never written me back after the second one, but he will assure you that it was me who never wrote back, and i have come to terms with that truth. :/ oops!! Well..fast forward about a year and you have Elder Summers coming home from his mission. I hear that he is coming home but don't really think anything of it because i thought he had a girl waiting for him. I was down in Cedar City going to school so i didn't really even think anything of it. I had talked to Tyler though and we decided to meet in Tremonton and go to Ross' homecoming. So last minute i packed up my car and headed for home. I had no idea why i was traveling so far for someone i hadn't talked to in forever. Tyler didn't end up coming so i went to the homecoming all by myself! haha Ross gave a great talk, and after i didn't know if i should go say hi or not. i decided that i had come all that way so i might as well go and talk to him. I went up and got kind of an awkward hug and then i left. I went home and wanted to talk to him more. My mom said she'd pay me if i asked him to go to breakfast with me at the pie dump the next morning. I thought that was too forward or something so i didn't do it. I did however ask him if i could come over later and see him for a minute. Well a minute turned into 5 hours of talking and having to call it quits because it was 1 am  and i had to drive back the next day!! I headed back to Cedar City and we texted on and off a lot and even talked on the phone some. I wasn't going up North for Thanksgiving so we had to wait til my Christmas break to go on a date. Christmas break came and our first date was on December 11, 2010. We spent every day with each other except one, i think, the whole time i was home. We even spent Christmas eve, Christmas day, and a week long vacation with his family together. We had left two days after Christmas to head to St. George with his family. That was the day that he told me he loved me. I thought he was crazy at first, and didn't really say anything back! The next day while we were out riding dirt bikes, i was on the back of his and i realized i felt the same way and i told him i loved him too. The next two weeks flew by WAY too quickly and i found myself back in Cedar City for my next semester of school. I came home as much as possible. Not ever really knowing if this would lead to somthing. He came down a few times too. We had our ups and downs and it was always hard to leave him, and weekends seemed to go by faster and faster. Finally it was finals week and i put some faith in my Heavenly Father, and in Ross and transfered to USU and moved back to Tremonton. It has been SOOO nice to be close to Ross and not just have to talk to him on the phone. I get to actually see him every single day! On June 11, 2011 he popped the question! :) He had been out spraying in the field all day and didn't know if he was going to do it that day or not. It was a Saturday, and when he asked me, events of the week started making sense! He told me that he lied to me more that week than ever before! haha On that Friday we had come in for lunch, and then he was like trying to ditch me and i could tell he didnt want me to go wherever he was going right then so i just stayed at his house and worked on a quilt i had going. Then his mom invited me to go to logan with her. While we were on our way, we got to Riverside and she said, "i better call Ross before i lose service." In my head i was like "You only lose service for a minute and then you get it back. i don't actually understand why you have to call him right now!" But i guess that was their code because Ross was heading to Logan as well to pick up my ring! Back to Saturday....i had went out at like 5 pm to go ride in the sprayer with him. It was our 6 month anniversary of our first date, and i wanted something special that day so i asked my mom to go get us some Taco Time! haha Her and my dad knew that he was going to propose that day so she thought that was "code" for "i'm coming to show you my ring." but it wasn't and Ross was sure they were going to spill the beans. but i had NO idea! we got the food and went back to his house. We walked in and his mom was on the phone [it was Sarah asking if he had done it yet! haha] We ate our dinner and then he asked if i wanted to go on a 4-wheel ride. [it was already like 11 pm!!] So i got all bundled up and we headed out on a ride. We didn't get very far however. Just down the street was that same old barn that we held hands in almost 6 years ago! He pulled in and he turned off the wheeler and we just talked for a minute. He had gotten off, and he kinda paced back and forth, then he came and pulled me off, then he would hug me. haha his heart was racing SUPER fast so i kinda knew something must be up! He had reached into this secret compartment of the 4-wheeler and got something out. haha then he walked me over infront of the 4-wheeler and told me how he would love me forever, and then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I just stared at him. I didn't believe it was real. So after a couple seconds [which he says felt like 10 minutes] he said, with the cutest face, "please?!" haha Of course i said YES!!!!! and then he put the most perfect ring EVER [that he picked out totally by himself!] on my finger! i loved it! We talked for a minute more and then the telling all the family begun! We started planning right away as we set our wedding date for August 11, 2011 in the Logan temple. which only gave us 8 weeks.....now we're down to 5 1/2!! We are getting so much done, and we have so much help its amazing. We are going to owe a lot of people when this is all said and done! I can't believe its only been a little over 2 weeks since we got engaged. It feels like forever, and we can't WAIT for August to get here!! I've still got lots to do, so hopefully we can pull it off!


In all the excitement of the wedding, Sarah and Jared [Ross sister and bro-in-law] decided they wanted a little excitement of their own! They announced yesterday that they are going to have a BABY!!!! Its the first grandchild so naturally it overshadows the wedding details! :) But we couldn't be more happy for them!

only 45 more days until Mr. and Mrs. Ross Summers!!! :)  

2 comments:

  1. What a cute story! He sounds like a winner :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. o i love this :) :) :) but there is no mention of the supportive roommate/best friend who encouraged this relationship...

    ReplyDelete